How can data and technology manage the growth of informal settlers and private dwellers in areas where irrigation system is being hampered by the growth population
Sector : Housing and Resettlements
Thematic : Rule of Law
Theme : How can data and technology manage the growth of informal settlers and private dwellers in areas where irrigation system is being hampered by the growth population
The power to organize the community in the most possible way depends on the collaborative efforts shared by the government, presence of sufficient resources, and the people from the communities. Development can only be viewed by providing mechanisms that organize people according to their needs and the ability to aid for themselves. In order to develop legislation to bring community people in place, the City of Butuan realizes the need to utilize data sets to be translated into policies that may provide solutions for housing and human settlements. In response to conflicts and undying issues of migration and displacement, the city calls for ideas to develop solutions in providing its people a conducive way for living emphasizing the need to uphold peace and order in the native land. With the impact of data analytics in transforming data to positive innovations, the LGU encourages experts, researchers, analysts, and great potentials of the locality to take part in the development of solutions through participating local hackathons. Submitted entries and data sets will be used in hackathons to organize a pitch project for Butuan that is contributory in providing interventions that will uphold organization and protection of areas that provide support to the economic progress of the place.
- Solicit ideas and formulate solutions using data and technology to help resolve local challenges faced today by Butuan City
- Filipino Citizen residing in the Philippines
- Educational Attainment - At least senior high school students/ graduates
- Professionals, Senior High School, College, and Post-graduate students
- Technical, Non-technical Individuals
- Teams / Groups / Schools, Universities, Colleges
- SPARTA existing learners / students are encouraged to join
- User Registration. Register by signing up and creating an account in the SPARTA portal. Simply fill-out all the required fields. Please note that registration should be done only once per participant in the portal system. This will grant you your unique user account you can use to either join or create a team.
- To join a challenge, you will be required to either create a team with 1-5 members or join any existing team.
- Join and submit your entry under your chosen challenges. Please be reminded that strictly, users can join only ONE team, but that team can join MULTIPLE challenges and it requires a team to join challenges.
- Qualifying Phase
- Pre-finals Phase
- Finals Phase
- Innovativeness. Submitted output has highly used innovative techniques and strategies.
- Relevance. Submitted output is relevant to LGU’s challenge requirements and has high usability within its region.
- Practicality. Submitted output has shown practical use of data and technology.
- Replicability. Submitted output has a high chance of replicability for LGU’s future use and improvement.
- Methodical. Submitted output highly demonstrated use of frameworks and/or methodologies.
Rules & Mechanics
- Any individual that falls under the qualification criteria is eligible to join the challenge.
- A team should be no less than 1 and no more than 5 members.
- Participants can only join ONE team per challenge.
- Participants can join multiple challenges, with other teams.
- To join a challenge, it is required to either create or join a team.
- Any violation of terms and conditions, event policies and code of conduct will result in disqualification of submitted entries.
- Any breach of data ethics standards and/or data privacy, security and confidentiality will result in disqualification of submitted entries.
- For SPARTA learners, you may opt to use your entries up to pitch stage as capstone projects for SPARTA MOOCs. Please coordinate with Coursebank for steps, process and procedures of availment.
- Data Journalism
- Research paper
- Predictive model
- Software application
- Visual storytelling
- Rule of Law
- Business and Civil Society
- Regional Organizations
- Climate Change Resiliency
- Food and Security