How can data and technology be able to widen tourism reach even in the midst of pandemic
Sector : Tourism
Thematic : Business and Civil Society
Theme : How can data and technology be able to widen tourism reach even in the midst of pandemic
Butuan City is known for its enchantic scenic spots, from its beautiful beaches and majestic mountainous areas that reflect the customs and traditions of the early civilization. However, the pandemic has negatively affected the city’s tourism sector and people who rely on this as their livelihood have also been affected.
To develop measures in regaining the confidence of the tourism sector, Butuan City supports the establishment of a data infrastructure that will serve as a data source for hackathons and similar initiatives that are meant to improve the city’s tourism sector. The ideas gathered from these initiatives will be used to boost the city’s tourism and help its citizens regain their source of livelihood.
- Solicit ideas and formulate solutions using data and technology to help resolve local challenges faced today by Butuan City
- Filipino Citizen residing in the Philippines
- Educational Attainment - At least senior high school students/ graduates
- Professionals, Senior High School, College, and Post-graduate students
- Technical, Non-technical Individuals
- Teams / Groups / Schools, Universities, Colleges
- SPARTA existing learners / students are encouraged to join
- User Registration. Register by signing up and creating an account in the SPARTA portal. Simply fill-out all the required fields. Please note that registration should be done only once per participant in the portal system. This will grant you your unique user account you can use to either join or create a team.
- To join a challenge, you will be required to either create a team with 1-5 members or join any existing team.
- Join and submit your entry under your chosen challenges. Please be reminded that strictly, users can join only ONE team, but that team can join MULTIPLE challenges and it requires a team to join challenges.
- Qualifying Phase
- Pre-finals Phase
- Finals Phase
- Innovativeness. Submitted output has highly used innovative techniques and strategies.
- Relevance. Submitted output is relevant to LGU’s challenge requirements and has high usability within its region.
- Practicality. Submitted output has shown practical use of data and technology.
- Replicability. Submitted output has a high chance of replicability for LGU’s future use and improvement.
- Methodical. Submitted output highly demonstrated use of frameworks and/or methodologies.
Rules & Mechanics
- Any individual that falls under the qualification criteria is eligible to join the challenge.
- A team should be no less than 1 and no more than 5 members.
- Users can join only ONE team, but that team can join MULTIPLE challenges.
- To join a challenge, it is required to either create or join a team.
- Any violation of terms and conditions, event policies and code of conduct will result in disqualification of submitted entries.
- Any breach of data ethics standards and/or data privacy, security and confidentiality will result in disqualification of submitted entries.
- For SPARTA learners, you may opt to use your entries up to pitch stage as capstone projects for SPARTA MOOCs. Please coordinate with Coursebank for steps, process and procedures of availment.
- Data Journalism
- Research paper
- Predictive model
- Software application
- Visual storytelling
- Rule of Law
- Business and Civil Society
- Regional Organizations
- Climate Change Resiliency
- Food and Security