Approach to innovations and innovative techniques to food sufficiency using data and technology
Sector : Agriculture
Theme : Approach to innovations and innovative techniques to food sufficiency using data and technology
Butuan City being the agro-industrial hub of the Caraga Region looks forward to innovations and concepts that will help the LGU facilitate requirements needed in organizing local hackathons addressing issues faced in the Agricultural Sector. The LGU of Butuan is on its way of sourcing out strategic mechanisms/interventions to establish a standardized agricultural produce towards achieving food-sufficient communities. In the advent of technology, the city wants to take advantage of innovations and new projects with features providing a comprehensive monitoring production cycle in the agriculture sector through conducting hackathons. Submission of data sets and entries convened in this challenge will be used in local hackathons to develop a pitch project for the City of Butuan that highly addresses challenges in this sector.
- Solicit ideas for Butuan City open data program.
- Clean and/or convert uploaded raw digitized data assets of Butuan City.
- Filipino Citizen residing in the Philippines
- Educational Attainment - At least senior high school students/ graduates
- Professionals, Senior High School, College, and Post-graduate students
- Technical, Non-technical Individuals
- Teams / Groups / Schools, Universities, Colleges
- SPARTA existing learners / students are encouraged to join
- User Registration. Register by signing up and creating an account in the SPARTA portal. Simply fill-out all the required fields. Please note that registration should be done only once per participant in the portal system. This will grant you your unique user account you can use to either join or create a team.
- To join a challenge, you will be required to either create a team with 1-5 members or join any existing team.
- Join and submit your entry under your chosen challenges. Please be reminded that strictly, users can join only ONE team, but that team can join MULTIPLE challenges and it requires a team to join challenges.
- Qualifying Phase
- Finals Phase
- Ethical. Datasets used must be ethically acquired, sourced, referenced and cited.
- Reliability. Submitted output has firm reliability for use by the LGU and its community and/or collaborators without any future external issues.
- Accuracy. Submitted output has high accuracy to the challenge’s expectations, category, datasets used and theme/topic.
- Replicability. Submitted output has a high chance of replicability for LGU’s future use and improvement. Use of frameworks and/or methodologies are plus factors but not strictly required.
- Usability. Submitted output is relevant to LGU’s challenge requirements and has high usability within its region.
Rules & Mechanics
- Any individual that falls under the qualification criteria is eligible to join the challenge.
- A team should be no less than 1 and no more than 5 members.
- Participants can only join ONE team per challenge.
- Participants can join multiple challenges, with other teams.
- To join a challenge, it is required to either create or join a team.
- Any violation of terms and conditions, event policies and code of conduct will result in disqualification of submitted entries.
- Any breach of data ethics standards and/or data privacy, security and confidentiality will result in disqualification of submitted entries.
- For SPARTA learners, you may opt to use your entries up to pitch stage as capstone projects for SPARTA MOOCs. Please coordinate with Coursebank for steps, process and procedures of availment.
- Cleaned, engineered, readily-used datasets derived from the raw files provided by Butuan worthy of use for the City’s future (data science and analytics) programs
- Data Journalism
- Research paper
- Predictive model
- Software application
- Visual storytelling
- Rule of Law
- Business and Civil Society
- Regional Organizations
- Climate Change Resiliency
- Food and Security