Empowering communities using data and technology to thrive without aggravating inequality
Sector : Housing and Resettlements
Theme : Empowering communities using data and technology to thrive without aggravating inequality
Butuan City is currently looking for submissions that will suffice its requirements in conducting hackathons for its LGU that will help in areas of Housing and Resettlements. Butuan aims to create several ways to help and improve the lives of informal settlers and other private dwellers alongside its river banks, esteros, creeks and dumpsites. As an initiative, they want to explore both new and better ideas to create projects that will help them in this challenge they’re facing using data and technology through conducting hackathons. Datasets and other entries that will be collected in this challenge will be used in hackathons to create a pitch project for Butuan that will address their problem in this sector.
- Solicit ideas for Butuan City open data program.
- Clean and/or convert uploaded raw digitized data assets of Butuan City.
- Filipino Citizen residing in the Philippines
- Educational Attainment - At least senior high school students/ graduates
- Professionals, Senior High School, College, and Post-graduate students
- Technical, Non-technical Individuals
- Teams / Groups / Schools, Universities, Colleges
- SPARTA existing learners / students are encouraged to join
- User Registration. Register by signing up and creating an account in the SPARTA portal. Simply fill-out all the required fields. Please note that registration should be done only once per participant in the portal system. This will grant you your unique user account you can use to either join or create a team.
- To join a challenge, you will be required to either create a team with 1-5 members or join any existing team.
- Join and submit your entry under your chosen challenges. Please be reminded that strictly, users can join only ONE team, but that team can join MULTIPLE challenges and it requires a team to join challenges.
- Qualifying Phase
- Finals Phase
- Ethical. Datasets used must be ethically acquired, sourced, referenced and cited.
- Reliability. Submitted output has firm reliability for use by the LGU and its community and/or collaborators without any future external issues.
- Accuracy. Submitted output has high accuracy to the challenge’s expectations, category, datasets used and theme/topic.
- Replicability. Submitted output has a high chance of replicability for LGU’s future use and improvement. Use of frameworks and/or methodologies are plus factors but not strictly required.
- Usability. Submitted output is relevant to LGU’s challenge requirements and has high usability within its region.
Rules & Mechanics
- Any individual that falls under the qualification criteria is eligible to join the challenge.
- A team should be no less than 1 and no more than 5 members.
- Participants can only join ONE team per challenge.
- Participants can join multiple challenges, with other teams.
- To join a challenge, it is required to either create or join a team.
- Any violation of terms and conditions, event policies and code of conduct will result in disqualification of submitted entries.
- Any breach of data ethics standards and/or data privacy, security and confidentiality will result in disqualification of submitted entries.
- For SPARTA learners, you may opt to use your entries up to pitch stage as capstone projects for SPARTA MOOCs. Please coordinate with Coursebank for steps, process and procedures of availment.
- Cleaned, engineered, readily-used datasets derived from the raw files provided by Butuan worthy of use for the City’s future (data science and analytics) programs
- Data Journalism
- Research paper
- Predictive model
- Software application
- Visual storytelling
- Rule of Law
- Business and Civil Society
- Regional Organizations
- Climate Change Resiliency
- Food and Security